The rise of civilization has always been based on farming. Whether it is to meet the needs of hunger or the economy of a country, agriculture has always been the first option to rely on. Thus proper attention must be paid to the basic nutrient requirements of the soil.
Importance of ‘Agriculture Crop Covers’:
Continuous farming and tilling of land can destroy the health of the soil. It is necessary to maintain the balance of nutrients in the soil; otherwise, the land may become barren.
GreenPro has gained popularity for its ‘crop covers’. The materials are ‘chemically or thermally’ created instead of being knitted. The ‘polypropylene’ is transformed into a ‘network of fine threads’. Care is taken to maintain a certain thickness of the material. The covers provide protection to the crops or plants from fungal or bacterial infestations. Weed invasion is also monitored. This great quality ‘fabric’ prevents the seepage of water and maintains the required atmospheric temperature for the plants. Air can pass easily through the cover. Overheating and over-drying of crops are also reduced.
Advantages of GreenPro’s ‘Crop Covers’:
- Act as shields for the commercial plants.
- They create the required temperature essential in growing the desired crops.
- Prohibits the ‘autumn crops’ from being frozen.
- Can be easily applied to crops.
- 100% waterproof fabric but allows free passing of air.
- Protects the plants from the harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Enhances the productivity of crops.
- Reduces the frequent uses of ‘insecticides’ and ‘pesticides’.
- Enables the land to preserve water. Thus, water bodies do not get the chance to dry up.
Measurements: A single GreenPro’s ‘crop cover’ fabric is of 3.2 m wide and 0.155mm to 0.22mm thick.
Agriculture crop covers are mandatory for healthy soil. From maintaining the proper texture of the soil to completely reducing the level of weeds, advantages are many. These help to preserve the nitrogen and other minerals in the soil which otherwise would have been drained off during reduced cultivation periods. Most importantly they help to lower the complete using up of the fertility of the soil.
*The blog is the personal opinion of the author.